Our stories - Dai

Dai's story


Dai on one of his many social runs
I am regular ultra-runner and love travelling for races and meeting new people through running. My next adventure is on 19 January, in Muscat, Oman, where I will be completing a marathon. The race starts at 6.00 am to avoid the worst of the heat, but it is likely to still reach 26 degrees before 9.00 am. The course involves two laps which can be mentally tough. But I am in good company, running with two people I met through a previous marathon in Burma.

Prior to this, I have only ever run for maybe three consecutive days, so its quite a step up.

I'm not entirely sure why I offered to take over the challenge from Lydia when she was injured. I just liked Lydia and Louise's enthusiasm when I joined them on a run in December. I genuinely felt inspired by their challenge and their dedication. I also just felt so bad/sad/upset that injury had screwed Lydia over. That, and I thought Louise could probably do with a face alongside her during the final stretch now she was completing it alone.

I didn't really ask too much about their reasons for supporting Forward at the time, so now I will learn a bit more about the charity this is all in aid of.


I think the biggest challenge will be fitting in runs around travelling to Muscat and the following day when I am feeling a bit stiff. But its only a 10 minute run, so completely doable.


When Dai met Lydia and Louise


Please click here to sponsor me in my challenge if you are able to.

Follow Dai's challenge here:
Instagram -  @dai_twice
#100daysofrunningforward

Comments